Advanced Home Gardening Workshop
or 6 weekly payments from $32.50 learn more
Tutors: Harry Parke and Yotam Kay
16th October 2021 (Saturday) Fully Booked
31st October 2021 (Sunday)
16th January 2022 (Sunday)
6th March 2022 (Sunday)
Hours: 9 am to 4 pm
To have a super productive garden is to do a lot of small things very well. Come and sharpen your skills and fill up the gaps in your gardening techniques in this comprehensive workshop, aimed for experienced growers.
Learn advanced skills of growing nutritious food for you, your family and community in any size garden. We will cover essential topics that will help you grow an even more productive garden, capable of feeding you throughout the year. Bring all your vegetable gardening questions with you.
We will cover the following topics:
- Basic principles in organic gardening: soil health, building and maintaining a high level of fertility.
- Considerations in choosing the best location for your garden.
- Staring a new garden using no-dig methods, including; converting a lawn into a garden, garden bed designs, in-ground beds and raised beds.
- Recommended tools.
- Propagating your own plants and growing healthy seedlings.
- Growing microgreens.
- Direct seeding in the garden.
- How to plant in the garden.
- Plant care and getting the most out of your garden.
- Weeding strategies.
- Watering systems.
- Crop planning for a four-season harvest.
- Companion planting and crop rotation.
- Plant health and managing pests and diseases.
Organic morning and afternoon tea will be provided.
Please bring a plate to share for a potluck lunch.
The workshop is held in small groups and is limited to 16 participants.
Frequently asked question regarding this workshop:
"Is this the right workshop one for me, or should I join the beginner's home gardening workshop? the topics look very similar".
In this workshop, we go deep into the technical aspects of vegetable growing. Unless you have a season or more of experience growing vegetables, it might be too much to take in. In the beginner's workshop, we start with the basics and cover them in-depth, so if you are just starting your gardening journey, the beginners' workshop is the right fit for you.
Still not sure? Feel free to get in touch.
"I did the Advanced Gardening course at start of Feb. Yotam and Harry are inspirational. They have such a breadth of knowledge and are very willing to share with people. There were many tips that I picked up. They have motivated me to work smarter in my garden. I am so impressed with what Pakaraka have achieved on their land." Caroline