Regenerative Living Intensive
or 6 weekly payments from $208.33 learn more
7th to 12th December 2020
Regenerative Living Intensive is a one week of learning and practical experience in sustainable living. This programme combines practical hands-on learning with classes and workshops. We believe that this integrative experience is the best way to learn and to take these learning home. We are excited to share this experience with you.
We are passionate about treading lightly on the earth and improving the health of our ecosystem. We aspire to create and share abundance, and to provide for ourselves from the wealth the farm has to offer. Come and learn homesteading and sustainable living skills with us.
The Regenerative Living Intensive is composed of the following core topics:
- Regenerative vegetable growing. Everything you need to know about designing, establishing and maintaining a highly productive garden.
- Designing, establishing and maintaining a home fruit, nut orchard / food forest
- Fermenting and preserving farm produce
- Keeping chickens and other poultry
- Off-grid systems: water, electricity, firewood, bio-gas and solar cooking
- Home bio-char production systems
Who is Regenerative living Intensive for
This program is for individuals who want to learn sustainable living skills. You will learn how to grow food on any scale - farm, lifestyle block or an urban backyard. The workshop is suitable for people who are already living on the land and wish to up-skill, as well as novices who want to learn more before taking the plunge. During your time on the farm, you will get to experience this lifestyle, and enjoy the superb food we eat daily.
- Limited spaces are available. The intensive is limited to 12 people
- We will mostly be learning and working as a group, but we will also split into various tasks
- This is a full-time programme, 8:30 am to 5 pm
- Morning tea, afternoon tea, lunch and dinner will be catered for during intensive. We will be using local and/or organic produce
- You will be making your own breakfasts. We will provide you with local and organic produce: breads, oats, eggs, vegetables, milk, grains, legumes etc
- We cannot house pets on the farm
- We will gladly pick you up from the bus station in Thames on Sunday afternoon or Morning
- Families are welcomed. Please contact us at Hello@pakarakafarm.co.nz to inquire about more details.
- We ask for responsible consumption of alcohol, no drug use and smoking at designated spaces only. In case of inappropriate behaviour you will be asked to leave.
All of the course tutors are residents of Pakaraka Farm and have extensive experience living on the land, growing their own food and sharing their knowledge through courses and workshops. For more information about us, please visit our about page.
- We offer camping on the farm under the pecan orchard, besides the river. The facilities include; outside covered kitchen, hot shower, 12v lights & phone charging and composting toilets
- You will need to provide a tent/caravan/van
- The campsite has mobile reception, but no WiFi
- The campsite does not have 220v electricity
Programme fees for the one week Regenerative Living Intensive includes:
- Five days of classes, workshops and hands-on learning
- Extensive handouts, with detailed information regarding the course material
- Catered lunches, dinners, morning and afternoon teas
- Organic and/or local food supplies for making your own breakfasts
- Camping facilities
- Certificate of completion
In cancellation of up to 45 days before the start of the programme, you will get a 100% refund. In cancellation between 21 to 44 days, you will get a 50% refund, under 20 days no refund will be given.
We reserve the right to terminate participation in the programme at any stage, in instants of violent or dangerous behaviour, without a refund.
We reserve the right to cancel this event. If a result of unforeseen circumstances the intensive will be cancelled, you will receive a full refund.